Saturday, March 15, 2014

Path to Acceptance and Hoping Again

by Dan Yamsuan

When this school year started, I felt lost, even though I felt I was given another chance to start all over again. With all the uncertainties and bitterness that were brought because of my experiences last semester, it became hard for me to recover from them. That time, I thought people didn’t care about me, as they could easily just abandon me like a disposable tetra juice pack left around the park. I have always been given time to other people that I have forgotten myself in the process. Because of that, I have tried isolating myself from other people and became stiffer with the way I handle things around me. It seemed that there were things I haven’t let go of yet.

When I had Philosophy classes, the lectures reminded me of the ideals I used to hold on before I fell into my misery. Slowly, it made me realize that I haven’t given time to develop myself into a better person and to appreciate what I have that are important to me. So, I started to meet new people, at the same time, be more aware about my capabilities. These required a sense of humility and maturity to be able to understand myself and other people better. In the end, what I have learned in Philosophy entailed me to walk along the path of acceptance. This path helped me mend the broken pieces I had before, until I was able to stand up and believe in myself and other people once again.

As classes are coming to an end, I realized that the path to acceptance was long and difficult to tread on. It required much patience and trust not only of oneself, but also of other people as well. But, I can’t say that I have forgiven myself yet, neither can I say that I have reached the end of the road, as there is still a lot to learn along the way. But, I can say that I am on my way to become a better person by enjoying life, even at its smallest things, and I would eventually become more confident in dealing with other people as well.

For that, I am grateful that learning Philosophy as one that helped me see everything around me in another perspective, where hope is still present.

No comments:

Post a Comment