Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Power of Vulnerability

by Kyle Pandapatan


I wanted to share with you one of my favorite talks of all time, she speaks of how the "I" can gain the courage to connect with the others in our lives.

CONNECTION. Shame undoes connection. "Is there something about me that if other people find out about it, I won't we worthy of connection?" Vulnerability opens you to human connection. 

"People who have a strong sense of love & belonging: believe they are worthy, that's it." What do they have in common? How do we learn to embrace vulnerability? She shares her 10 years of research in this story-telling talk.


Having watched this a long time ago, I can say I've a long way to go to master practicing this in daily life. (But I'm working on improving - cue Jordin Sparks' song, "One Step at a Time").

Discussing it is different from applying it and living it after all. However, becoming aware is the first step to the right actions - which is what I believe the philosophy we're learning is trying to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment